THE MARC & MIRIAM ANIDJAR
HEBREW FOR KIDS HEBREW SCHOOL
We are excited to be back at Downtown Jewish Preschool for the coming
school year 2021-2022. Our primary focus at DJP is to ensure that our students
are provided with the opportunity to develop and grow in a social constructivist
school environment; with engagement and individualized attention that are
hallmarks of our pedagogy. The safety and health of our students, as well as
their social-emotional and cognitive growth, will continue to be at the core of all
that we do.
UPDATED POLICIES AND GUIDELINES
Please bear with us; As the virus evolves, policies and procedures are subject to
change and will be updated on our website. We will continue to monitor the
latest health guidelines, state-mandated policies, CDC, and Broward County
Health Department recommendations to adjust our programming policies and
procedures. Safety will always be our number one priority for our children, staff,
Any of the policies and guidelines may be updated at any time to reflect the
current COVID-19 guidance from the DCF, CDC, or the State of Florida Health
Department. Compliance with the updated guidelines will be required.
Updated July 23. 2021
• Mask wearing for staff and students is optional.
• Temperature checks will be random.
• We request all families do your own health screening at home prior
to drop off.
• Drop off health questions will be done at random.
• Parents will be allowed in school for certain events; TBD
• Classes can mix in the playground and general areas.
• Pre-care and after-care will be mixed ages.
• All other COVID guidelines and regulations, including our sick policy
will remain in place.
COVID-19 training for staff: All DJP teachers and staff will undergo
comprehensive training over the summer to ensure understanding of the
symptoms, methods of transmission, strategies for prevention and mitigation of
Sanitizing & Cleaning: We will continue to implement a higher standard of
sanitizing & cleaning.
The maintenance and cleaning policies have been
updated to include vigorous disinfection on a routine basis.
Travel policy: Before and during the school year; all DJP staff and students who
have traveled out of the South Florida area may require a 14-day quarantine
prior to being permitted on campus.
COVID-19 SICK POLICY
Please see our parent handbook for the DJP sick policy. COVID-19 sick policy
overrides any previous sick policies.
DJP is dedicated to the well-being and health of our students and staff. For this
reason, the sick policy is less flexible going forward.
• If a child becomes symptomatic with itchy eyes, dry cough, and/or has a
fever during the school day, the student will be immediately brought to
the office and isolated. A parent will be required to pick up the child
within a reasonable amount of time.
• We reserve the right to decide if your child is demonstrating symptoms
that require us to have the child return home.
• DJP sick policy is updated to reflect a 72 hour wait time after fever or
illness is over, (without the use of fever reducing medicines) including the
procuring of a Dr.’s note that no COVID-19 testing is necessary or that
child is COVID-19 free.
• Hard copy note or tele-doc note is acceptable.
• We reserve the right to ask you to keep your child home if another child or
family member in the house is sick.
SANITIZING & CLEANING
• A daily cleaning schedule for toys and utensils have been posted in each
• A nightly cleaning and disinfecting will also take place.
• Toys will be rotated throughout the week to accommodate for a
reasonable system of the daily sanitizing of toys.
• Each family will be asked to supply disinfectant wipes and spray as part of
the yearly supply list.
• If your child remains for nap – the nap mat and all pillows and blankets will
remain in school in large Ziplock bags (provided by you) and will be sent
home Fridays for wash and return.
• Please do your own screening at home before sending your child to
• Be sure they do not have fever, runny nose, cough, diarrhea or any of the
illnesses listed in our parent handbook or any COVID-19 like symptoms.
• Do not medicate your child before sending to school.
• Upon arrival, you may be asked basic questions about your child’s and
A system will be put in place to request all staff to regularly report any symptoms
such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, sore throat,
congestion, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of sense of smell/taste, or exposure to
COVID-19. Staff with symptoms or exposure will be asked to refrain from returning
to school and protocols will be followed.
DJP is committed to a full school year of growth and development, fun and
excitement. Our intentions are to be physically IN school for the school year 21-
22. We understand that this may not be in our control as the uncertainties of
COVID 19 continue to change our lives and schedules.
Considering the money, time, effort, energy, work, contracts with teachers and
staff and commitment from our staff and families we have created the following
policies for this year:
As of 07/23/2021
• Non-Refundable Registration, Security and Tuition paid by July 15th.
• No additional COVID-19 Surcharges or increases in tuition will be applied.
• 10 equally divided payments of your yearly tuition are due by May 1 2022.
• The first payment will be charged on or before August 1st and each
remaining payment on the 1st of the month.
• The payment contract is part of your registration form.
• As long as DJP is running per CDC and DCF guidelines, no refunds will be
given due to a child’s illness, temporary quarantine mandate, inability or
change of mind to attend school.
We have the right to suspend or close school at any time due to new health
updates or guidance from CDC or DCF or other.
We do not plan on closing school unless MANDATED by the DCF or CDC.
Even if the public schools choose not to reopen or to temporarily close, we will
THE MARC & MIRIAM ANIDJAR
HEBREW FOR KIDS HEBREW SCHOOL
be making the decision on how DJP will operate independently of their
If we suspend or close school due to COVID-19 or any related issues of COVID19, there will be no refunds for the first 15 school days of closure.
If we must remain closed indefinitely- longer than the 15 school days- payments
will be paused until in person instruction can begin again, less 10 percent to help
us cover costs.
If you are uncomfortable with sending your child to school with these
precautions in place, please keep your child at home. These precautions are in
place to provide every effort to keep every child and family safe; however, this
does not provide any guarantee of any kind. As the parent of the child
attending, you assume all risks associated with allowing your child to begin
attending. We are doing everything we can in our power to keep every child
safe during this time. Working together during this time is important.
Each family must sign and return the waiver before the start of school
For PDF of Waiver click here